Click on photo to watch the Kiwanis 'One Can Make a ifference' video.
The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced: Chartered in 1956.
The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced WELCOMES YOU into our HOME on the
World Wide Web
Kiwanis International is working with UNICEF in an effort to ELIMINATE maternal neonatal tetanus in countries around the world where health conditions are so poor tetanus kills one baby every nine minutes, or 160 newborns each day. Please check out the information Here.
The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced was happy to partner up with a local Motorcycle Club to present an early Christmas to hundreds of kids in the Merced community on Saturday, December 13. Usually, once closed Kiddieland stays in hibernation until spring. However, when the President of the MC made his needs clear it was an obvious no brainer our club had the perfect location to meet the requirements of his group. The Kiddieland Express became The Christmas Train. Free rides and toys for the kids brought smiles a mile wide on so many young faces! Photos in the album on the right hopefully show what a successful day it was for all involved. Next year promises to be even larger provided this group elects to hold the event at Kiddieland. The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced sure hopes so, Thanks to a super group of community minded people that know how to take care of the young ones. The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced would like to wish all of our supporters and friends a Very Merry Christmas.
The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced is part of Kiwanis International, a global organization of volunteers dedicated to changing the world, one community and one child at a time.
The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced performs community service projects in Merced designed to serve children.
- Our largest and most time consuming is Kiddieland located in Applegate Park.
- The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced sponsors two local High School Key Clubs; Merced and Golden Valley whose members gain community service hours through the time spent volunteering to operate the rides at Kiddieland. Ride operators include the Key Club from Livingston High School and the Merced Police Dept. Explorers.
- The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced is a Sponsor of Kiwanis Family House located in Sacramento California that provides necessary hotel/motel type accommodations for families of patients being treated at hospitals in the local area.
- The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced sponsors and conducts the largest Easter Egg Hunt in Merced annually the Saturday before Easter in Applegate Park.
- The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced provides free parties at Kiddieland to schools in the local area for students in grade 3 and below during the month of May.
- The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced is a NOT FOR PROFIT Organization and depends solely on funds raised through tickets sales at Kiddieland, ride sponsorships, donations and park rentals (Birthday Parties).
- The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced is always looking for new members.If you are interested in performing community service and helping children in Merced, we encourage you to learn more about Kiwanis and The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced and welcome you to join us for a meeting. We'd like to invite YOU to join US for lunch and see if The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced might be the group for you. Please see your invitation to lunch here, print it out and bring it with you. Your first lunch will be on us!
- The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced does have a newsletter; THE ECHO, which can be read on the NEWS link or if you'd like a personal copy delivered to your email address sign up for one here.
Here are a few facts about our Primary Kiwanis Project:
Kiddieland IS CLOSED for 2014 Season! The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced "tentatively" plans to open Kiddieland for the 2015 season on Saturday, March 28. Following the second "Race to the Kiddieland Train".
- Kiddieland opened in the mid 1950's with five rides, the Kiddieland Express (train ride) wasn't around then.
- Kiddieland is only OPEN on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) with one exception when we open in support of Merced for National Night Out, in August which Kiddieland Rides are free to the public.
- Kiddieland can be rented for parties, see the party flyer here.
- Admission to Kiddieland is FREE. Ride tickets cost $ 0.50 cents each and all rides require one (1) ticket with exception of The Kiddieland Express (The Train) requires most kids and adults to have two (2) tickets. Kiddieland also offers a a wrist band for $10.00 that entitles the wearer to ride all rides all day on the day of purchase.
- All rides do have height restrictions, some require small children to have a chaperone while others prohibit children under 36 inches tall. Adults can ride some rides with their children while restricted from others. An example would be: Adults can ride the helicopters with children but not the rocket ride.
- Kiddieland does have a page on Facebook and you are welcome to join the Kiddieland group.
- Kiddieland has an email address and we welcome your comments send to:firstname.lastname@example.org, please include any and all photos you'd like to share with names of those in the photos!
- Kiddieland has a concession booth that offers a limited variety of foods, drinks and snacks all at reasonable prices. Ride tickets and all day wrist bands are purchased at the concession stand.
- All transactions at Kiddieland require CASH, no checks are accepted and no ATM is available in the local area.
- The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced works diligently to keep ticket prices affordable, so as many community members as possible can enjoy the ride attractions we offer at KIDDIELAND, which has been open for over half a century in Applegate Park.
- Kiddieland rides are State inspected annually and the park is in compliance with OSHA safety standards. Safety is Priority one!
- The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced is constantly looking for ways to improve Kiddieland and many positive suggestions have been received over the years, if you have one please let us hear from you, send them to email@example.com
The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced kicked off the 2014 Kiddieland season with a "Race to the Kiddieland Train" on Saturday, March 29. The event was a success so we are making it an annual event. The start of the 2015 Kiddieland will begin shortly after the completion of the Second "Race to the Kiddieland Train", currently set for Saturday, March 28 2015! All you runners, walkers and joggers, you have about four months to get into shape. Look for the early sign up flyers in February. Thanks again to all those who took time from their busy schedules to help plan and organize the first of many fun runs last year that will open Kiddieland in 2015 and future years to come!!
Special THANKS to RACE sponsors and a shout out to the guys at Urban Illustrators for doing a stellar job on the tee shirts for us!!
The complete 2015 Kiddieland Schedule when finalized will be posted here!
Many visitors remember coming to the park as children, now bring their children and some even bring grandchildren. You may be one of those who have done so. We thank you.
A NOTE to our members - If every one of us brought a prospect to a club meeting this year and managed to get half of them to join us, how many new Kiwanians could we add this year? We're looking to add five as a minimum!
The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced constantly seeks sponsorships for the rides at Kiddieland. Keeping them serviceable, safe and licensed is becoming more and more expensive. The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced sincerely appreciates any and all support through sponsorship of the rides. Sponsorships provide necessary funds to help maintain the rides in a safe condition without increasing prices to Kiddieland visitors while keeping in compliance with State standards. Club members will be contacting past ride sponsors requesting Sponsorship for the 2015 season sometime in February and March, if you are able to help The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced and Kiddieland through our Sponsorship program please do, we sincerely appreciate your kind and generous help. If you want to help and are not ask please print out the request, mark your selection and mail it in. The Sponsorship form is located HERE .
Note, the form needs to have the date corrected. If you use it just change 2014 to 2015. Thank you in advance for your kind and generous consideration, they are very much appreciated.
The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced.