Click on photo to watch the Kiwanis 'One Can Make a difference video.
The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced: Chartered in 1956.
The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced WELCOMES YOU into our HOME on the
World Wide Web
Kiwanis International is working with UNICEF in an effort to ELIMINATE maternal neonatal tetanus in countries around the world where health conditions are so poor tetanus kills one baby every nine minutes, or 160 newborns each day. Please check out the information Here.
The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced is part of Kiwanis International, a global organization of volunteers dedicated to changing the world, one community and one child at a time.
The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced performs community service projects in Merced designed to serve children.
The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced extends a grateful THANK YOU to the members of the North Merced Rotary and the the Merced Elks for the very generous donations of $1000.00 for their sponsorships of rides at Kiddieland. NM Rotary has the Go-Gator! The Merced Elks Lodge has the Carousel, thank you both.
- Our largest and most time consuming is Kiddieland located in Applegate Park.
- The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced sponsors two, soon three with the new club at El Capitan, local High School Key Clubs; Merced and Golden Valley whose members gain community service hours through the time spent volunteering to operate rides at Kiddieland. Ride operators include the Key Club from Livingston High School and the Merced Police Dept. Explorers.
- The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced is a Sponsor of Kiwanis Family House located in Sacramento California that provides necessary hotel/motel type accommodations for families of patients being treated at hospitals in the local area.
- The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced sponsors and conducts the largest Easter Egg Hunt in Merced annually the Saturday before Easter in Applegate Park.
- The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced provides free parties at Kiddieland to schools in the local area for students in grade 3 and below during the month of May.
- The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced is a NOT FOR PROFIT Organization and depends solely on funds raised through tickets sales at Kiddieland, ride sponsorships, donations and park rentals (Birthday Parties).
- The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced is always looking for new members.If you are interested in performing community service and helping children in Merced, we encourage you to learn more about Kiwanis and The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced and welcome you to join us for a meeting. We'd like to invite YOU to join US for lunch and see if The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced might be the group for you. Please see your invitation to lunch here, print it out and bring it with you. Your first lunch will be on us!
- The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced does have a newsletter; THE ECHO, which can be read on the NEWS link or if you'd like a personal copy delivered to your email address sign up for one here.
Here are a few facts about our Primary Kiwanis Project:
Kiddieland OPENED for 2015 Season following the Second Annual Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced "Race to the Kiddieland Train" on Saturday, March 28, the event was a success and will be an ongoing event hosted by The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced, so all you athletes mark your calendars now for next year, and check back here for the date and time of the Third Annual Race to the Kiddieland Train!
- Kiddieland opened in the mid 1950's with five rides, the Kiddieland Express (train ride) wasn't around then.
- Kiddieland is only OPEN on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) with one exception when we open in support of Merced for National Night Out, in August which Kiddieland Rides are free to the public.
- Kiddieland can be rented for parties, see the party flyer here.
- Admission to Kiddieland is FREE. Ride tickets cost $ 0.50 cents each and all rides require one (1) ticket with exception of The Kiddieland Express (The Train) requires most kids and adults to have two (2) tickets. Kiddieland also offers a a wrist band for $10.00 that entitles the wearer to ride all rides all day on the day of purchase.
- All rides do have height restrictions, some require small children to have a chaperone while others prohibit children under 36 inches tall. Adults can ride some rides with their children while restricted from others. An example would be: Adults can ride the helicopters with children but not the rocket ride.
- Kiddieland does have a page on Facebook and you are welcome to join the Kiddieland group.
- Kiddieland has an email address and we welcome your comments send to:firstname.lastname@example.org, please include any and all photos you'd like to share with names of those in the photos!
- Kiddieland has a concession booth that offers a limited variety of foods, drinks and snacks all at reasonable prices. Ride tickets and all day wrist bands are purchased at the concession stand.
- All transactions at Kiddieland require CASH, no checks are accepted and no ATM is available in the local area.
- The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced works diligently to keep ticket prices affordable, so as many community members as possible can enjoy the ride attractions we offer at KIDDIELAND, which has been open for over half a century in Applegate Park.
- Kiddieland rides are State inspected annually and the park is in compliance with OSHA safety standards. Safety is Priority one!
- The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced is constantly looking for ways to improve Kiddieland and many positive suggestions have been received over the years, if you have one please let us hear from you, send them to email@example.com
The Kiddieland Schedule is for 2016 is not ready yet, look for it soon!
Many visitors remember coming to the park as children, now bring their children and some even bring grandchildren. You may be one of those who have done so. We thank you.
A NOTE to our members - If every one of us brought a prospect to a club meeting this year and managed to get half of them to join us, how many new Kiwanians could we add this year? We're looking to add as many new members as possible! The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced added 5 New Members last year, we are still looking for YOU!
The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced constantly seeks sponsorships for the rides at Kiddieland. Keeping them serviceable, safe and licensed is becoming more and more expensive. The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced sincerely appreciates any and all support through sponsorship of the rides. Sponsorships provide necessary funds to help maintain the rides in a safe condition without increasing prices to Kiddieland visitors while keeping in compliance with State standards. Club members will be contacting past ride sponsors requesting Sponsorship for the 2016 season sometime in February and March, if you are able to help The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced and Kiddieland through our Sponsorship program please do, we sincerely appreciate your kind and generous help. If you want to help and are not ask please print out the request, mark your selection and mail it in. The Sponsorship form is located HERE .
The Kiwanis Club of Greater Merced.